Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Preparing for the Great Sleep Battle...17 days and counting...

Every day I become a tiny bit more resolved to start (and finish!) sleep training Asher in August. 

As I write this he is napping in his crib (baby steps!).  He has no idea what's about to happen to him in 17 days, and I imagine it will be a very challenging week or so in the Olson house.  Karen calls Asher 'the tiny dictator' when it comes to sleep, and that is 100% accurate.  I expect a violent coup on August 2nd.  Asher will likely recruit Harlan as his first lieutenant and together they will try to overthrow the current regime.  But I am strategizing.  I'm stocking up on good music to listen to through headphones, icecream, and cheap wine.  I am thinking of ideas for a "Now your sleep trained!!" present (for me, this present will be for me).   And I'm fairly confident that I can get Harlan to become a turncoat... I'll just bribe him with bacon.  Plus after one day of three 'crying it out' naps, I have a feeling Harlan is going to rethink where his loyalty lies. 

17 days to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures......looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete