Friday, July 19, 2013

14 Days Until the Sleep War Begins...

Yesterday was a perfect napping day.  Asher went to sleep and woke up exactly on schedule, without crying for a single minute in between.  It was like living a dream.  Of course that didn't automatically translate into a perfect span of night time sleep (in fact, last night was quite rough), but hey, I'll take what I can get.  I had high hopes for today being similarly spectacular, but I should know by now that two consecutive days of sleep bliss is waaaaay too much to ask for. 

To be fair, today's disastrous sleep events were not that result of conscious decision-making by the tiny sleep dictator.  Instead, flatulence was the culprit.  You heard me right.  Asher's naps were all ruined by farting.  About twenty minutes into every nap, right when he really started to snooze, Asher would fart.  The thing you have to know about Asher farts is they are loud and grown man-like.  So when he would fart, he would startle himself awake.  Then, bewildered, he would start crying.  And that would be the end of nap. 

Tomorrow is a new day.  Hopefully we can continue to stay on schedule.  As the countdown continues, I'm hoping baby steps towards what will be the new 'sleep normal' make this all a bit easier.  For me.  For Asher.  For Ben. For all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment