Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grandma Karen & Aunt Allie's Visit

 
Grandma Karen and Aunt Allie visited us this week!  Allie had just learned about infant development in her PT class, so Asher was extensively tested to make sure he is meeting his motor/strength milestones and Allie gave us some awesome tips on how to encourage his interest in crawling and sitting.  The weather finally cooled off, so we spent a lot of time on the patio passing Asher around and talking about Allie and Caleb's wedding :)
 
Hanging out with Aunt Allie
 
 
 Grandma Karen and Baby Asher

Falling into a crawling position

 


 
Asher had his 4 month visit on Monday.  The great news here....I LOVED his doctor (Ben also approved).  She was incredibly attentive and had the perfect balance of adorable, goofy pediatrician that is great with your child and intelligent, thorough professional that mommy and daddy can trust.  Asher did well getting the shots, but as I'll talk more about in the next post, he reacted to the vaccines as time went on.  Don't worry public health cohort... I'm not about to become someone who doesn't immunize their child.  Even though I will admit the thought crossed my mind for half a second before I remembered that I am not a crazy person.
 
Ticklish baby...
 
Herbert
 


 



Not knowing Ben is behind him...
"Hey mom! Whatcha doin'?  Oh, watching me?  Great!"


"Look what I can do!"

 
"What the hiccup!  Did I just hear my dad?"

 
"Ahh!  Dad!"

 
Funniest. Poop. Ever.
We were shopping for Allie's rehearsal dinner dress (she found two BEAUTIFUL choices) when I noticed Asher making a funny face.  I peeked in his diaper to see what was going on and well, everything fell apart (or fell out, depending on how much information you want).  Luckily, the women at White House Black Market were amazing and let me use their break room to clean up a verrrrry messy baby.
 
 
 
And once he had finished his business he passed out on me in the middle of a very loud, crowded lunch spot.  Atta boy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment