Monday, July 8, 2013

Fun Fun Fun

Well, I had hoped (perhaps foolishly?) that Asher's growth spurt being over meant we would sleep again... but it would appear we have a new challenge on our hands.
 
Asher went to bed peacefully after dozing in my arms, and he stayed asleep for about 5 hours.  But at 1:30 a.m. I woke up to him rustling, and waited, ready to walk over to the crib to pop in a pacifier and rub his belly if he had trouble falling back asleep.  But he had no intention of going back to sleep...Asher had other plans.  I could hear him kick his legs around, then give a big grunt, squeal in delight, and then start whimpering.  What is he doing?  I thought.  When I got up to investigate I found that he had rolled over onto his belly but was not able to free his left arm (hence the whimpering, which progressively turned into an angry cry for help).  I rolled Asher onto his back, gave him his pacifier, and crawled back into bed, looking forward to more sleep.  Yeah. Right.  About twenty minutes later I heard *rustle-stomp-squeal-whimper* ...and up I got to free the trapped arm and flip the frustrated baby.  Problem number one: while Asher loves rolling over, he hates being on his belly.  So once he gets there, he doesn't fall asleep, he gets mad.  Problem number two: Asher did this whole rolling thing backwards, instead of learning how to roll from his belly to his back, he went back to belly.  So once he gets on his stomach, he is officially stuck.  We spent about an hour in this holding pattern of Asher getting trapped and me rescuing him before I brought him into bed with us, wedged him in my armpit (I had to immobilize him somehow), and we all went back to sleep.  So this should be fun :)
 
 
"I MAKE THIS DIAPER LOOK AH-MAZING!"

 
Another new play development, Asher now enjoys his crazy animal spinny seat thing!

 
Okay, so we are kind of cheating...

 
 
"What does that guy do?"

 
"Oh he makes a delightful noise!!"
(One of my favorite pictures of Asher, he loves that elephant)

 
 
"Oooohhh, hello friend..."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment