Monday, March 14, 2016

The Beginning of the "Lasts" -- Last Trip to the Botanical Garden

Almost two years ago (April 30, 2014) I took Asher to the Albuquerque Botanical Garden for the first time.  While I had come a long way from my first summer of desperation, I had yet to have a "happy place" in Albuquerque.  And then I found the garden.  My blog post about this day is a fun one to look back on.  Not only had I found what continues to be my favorite place in New Mexico, but it was one of the most significant 'mom' days I've known.  I can still remember holding Asher close to me while he looked at the water, the flowers, the dragonflies.  The world opened up to him that day, I could see it happening.  And the same thing happened to me, getting to be there and experience it.  

I will miss the garden so much, and will always treasure our memories from this special place.

Our first time at the garden.

2 years later.

Same spot.




 Feeding the ducks and fishies.

Last Taco Cabana run... I say that, but let's be honest, we still have 12 days here....

No comments:

Post a Comment