Friday, March 13, 2015

Two New Rules + 1 Update

Update
I had my bajillionth OB visit today to make sure Littlest Olson survived the Magnificent GI Virus of 2015, which he/she did. Seriously, if someone could google "what name means 'tough as nails' " and let me know what the results are, that would be great, because that should clearly be this peach pits name.  Similarly, if you could find out what name means "can't catch a break" or "oh you hit me with a bus?  back up and do it again, I can take it!" , let me know so I can legally change my name.  In all seriousness, this has been both a very unlucky pregnancy, and extraordinarily lucky pregnancy.  While I am not thrilled with all the hoops we've had to jump through so far, I am eternally grateful that as far as we know, the baby has come through all of it completely unfazed.

New Rule #1
Whenever Blair or Asher have to go to the doctor or get labs drawn (which has been at least once a week for quite a while now & with our luck, that ain't changing) we get to pick up Rebel Donuts on our way and eat them in the exam room/Tricore.  Addendum: If we are on our way to get blood drawn, we also buy a third donut for Chris, my personal phlebotomist (not really, but when they guy who draws your blood knows your name, your sons name, and your medical record number by heart, I think that a) you get to call him your personal phlebotomist and b) you should stop getting your blood drawn so damn much).

Donuts in Dr. Connor's office


New Rule #2
I read this article today and went, "Ahhh shit," in my head.  And then out loud.  And then I emailed Ben and told him we no longer use electronics from 4-6 p.m.  And then I extended that to  be anytime that I am home with Asher during the week.  Because while I would never (fingers crossed?) kick my two year old under the table, I am definitely guilty of ignoring him to check my email or send a text.  Which is so. not. okay.  So I apologize if you do not get an immediate response from me...  but I am going to make a really concerted effort to not have my phone with me or be on it when it is me and Asher time.  

Also, you should read this article:
http://time.com/14953/parents-who-use-smartphones-in-front-of-their-kids-are-crankier/



Cute side story: Asher has started sleeping in an extra hour now that it is dark outside...(YAY).  But when he wakes up at 7:30, Ben has already left for work.  Ash has caught onto this, and this morning when I went to get him he had frantically gathered everything he wanted to bring downstairs and was in a big hurry to get downstairs to try to catch Ben before he left, saying "Daddy?  Dadddddy?" and I said, "Daddy already went to work" and he looked at me, said "Ooooh noooo" and sat down in his crib.  Someone loves their daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment