Saturday, April 12, 2014

Today's Art Project: Edible Fingerpaint

Dear Moms Who Raised Children 5 years+ Ago,

Kudos to you for keeping kids entertained without the helping hand of Pinterest.  I don't know how you did it, but I admire and respect the hell out of you.

Sincerely,
A Mom Who Could Not Do The Things She Does Without The Internet


I have been looking forward to today since I found this activity a couple of weeks ago.  

Edible. Fingerpaint. Day.

The idea was so easy and so cheap, I could not pass it up.  I was looking for art projects to do with a one year old, because Asher is obsessed with paint brushes.  As someone who was a 'once upon a time' fine arts major, this delights me.  But I have been wanting to encourage him to do art rather than gnaw on the paint-caked handle and wave it around like a scepter.  The kid already has a prince complex.  Letting him actually paint sounds like a great idea to me, but I know that he would fling acrylic all over the place and we would most likely end up losing the deposit on our rental.  Then I found the edible fingerpaint recipe.  Koolaid packets & plain yogurt.  For less than three bucks your child can go to town with safe, pretty 'paint'.  Done.




Still deciding if he is left or right handed....

Going to fingerpaint?

No. Going to taste test.

This is why you use plain yogurt.  You want to get them used to arts and crafts, but if you use vanilla yogurt they are going to think it is delicious and eat real paint for years to come.

Plain yogurt + sugarless koolaid packets = extremely tart.

= annoyed baby.

= not so interested in eating the art project.  
(Victory)




Alright, I'm out, later gator.









No comments:

Post a Comment