Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Return to IC

This past week I was in Iowa City.  It was such a great visit and so strange being back in the place Ben and I called home for so long.

I started off the week by meeting up with the Ol' Happy Hour Crew at Blackstone.  Which was awesome.  It was like we'd never left.  

A big thank you to Chad & Michelle for giving me a place to sleep (and a comfy couch to drink wine on when the days would finally come to an end). 

I had something like 12 or 13 presentations/meetings in the two days I was there, but still managed to sneak in some fun when no one was looking (...I can say that because my accomplice was usually my boss).  I work with the most incredible team of people.  

Meanwhile back in Albuquerque...
Ben's mom came down to hang out with Asher during the days and Ben and I cannot thank her enough for taking time out of her busy schedule to make sure Asher didn't kamakaze off the couch or try to ride Harlan or reprogram all of our electronics.   I received a lot of picture updates while I was gone, and Asher was in good hands.  They played outside, went to story time, painted, and participated in what we are calling Asher's 'meals on wheels' program (he only eats if you follow him around and spoon feed him when he feels like it...).  

At story time.

 Listening to stories...


And reunited at last!


Ben leaves tomorrow to spend a week in D.C.  Poor Asher is going to be so confused about what is happening to his family.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you already! Come back. Next time, bring the boys, too!

    ReplyDelete