Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Oh our sweet little boy. He is changing so much!  He is now only eating 5-6 times per day (don't worry, at 3 months he weighs close to 16 pounds and wears 9 month clothing) and has apparently decided he doesn't need to poop as often.  We have gone 5 days with little to no poop, and are bracing ourselves for the eventual blow out.  Over the last week his sleeping has gotten back on track.  Around 8:30 we bring him upstairs and snuggle him while Ben reads to him, and by 9:00 he is fast asleep in his crib.  He wakes up once during the night to eat, and then we get up between 7 and 8 to start our day.  While night time sleeping is going swimmingly, we are still working on naps.  Yesterday he napped for 30 minutes in his crib! (And then for 5 hours on me...but hey, 30 minutes is progress!).  What I'm learning is that my analytic, information-hungry side needs to relax (e.g. strict sleep training probably isn't in our future).  The truth is, we have a very happy baby, and as long as that's the case I'm going to keep doing what we are doing.  

Running errands with Soph.

Hanging out with Soph.


 "I'm CRAZY!"


 Photographic evidence of our daily nap battle.  Asher takes four naps during the day.  The first is a short guy in his stroller on our daily walk.  The second is longer and this is where we try the crib.  His afternoon nap is normally the longest, always on me, and I usually nap too.  And the fourth is an early evening 20 minute snooze (I think of it as a warm-up for bed time).  The picture below is from nap 2.  I have him in my lap instead of on my chest to transition him into his crib.  He hates this, as you can see by him refusing to fall asleep even though he is so so tired.

We are finally in a routine where we can make real meals again.  This was Saturday's dinner: grilled artichokes and stuffed poblanos.  Yum.


Guess  who needs a haircut again already??  Grandpa Jim cut those sideburns a month ago...



My favorite picture-- Asher and Daddy reading Winnie the Pooh.



No comments:

Post a Comment