Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beep Beep!

Our peapod is definitely trying to figure out his world this week, and things are changing! Some days he will go 6 hours without eating, others he is starving after a couple of hours.  Most nights he is now sleeping from 9:30-6 (with a quick snack at 6 and then back to bed until 8), which is AWESOME.  Napping continues to be a battle.  It is hard for me to admit, but we are getting less and less comfortable with our "snuggle-nap" arrangement.  He is BIG, and it is hard to fit an enormous baby on you and have it stay comfortable for 2 hours.  He is also HOT, which is proving to be the bigger challenge.  Today I tried starting his naps on me and then slowly easing him off to the side (so he was still touching) but he would wake up immediately and those big blue eyes would look at me like "Fat chance lady, snuggle me or else!".  And because I am not afraid to admit I am easily bullied by my 16 pound ball of cuteness, I can say here that Asher usually wins.  We did try the crib twice today, but same thing-- eyes wide open and accusing like "Did you REALLY think I wouldn't notice??".  Baby steps. Literally.

This week he is grabbing everything.  We were at the doctor yesterday and Asher made it very difficult for her to check his ears and nose because he kept grabbing her instruments.  I got a bang out of it and secretly cheered him on.  The doctors visit, I should add, was a total failure and made me desperately miss UIHC.   We are searching once again for a pediatrician (I will not bring Asher back to where we went yesterday).  Unfortunately the next visit is round 2 for shots, so it will likely go poorly no matter where we are.  

The best new thing Asher is doing is giggling.  For the most part it is only a few short sounds, but every now and then he lets out a good, long belly laugh and when he does he squeals afterwards.  It is awesome :)

Yep.  This is my son.

His hair looks very red here-- big smile!

The Ace Ventura look
(this picture was taken the same day as the one above... they look like different babies)



But there has been happiness this week!  I saw The Roadrunner for the third time!!  


In real life, they look like this....


And in our backyard, they look like this...


The first time I saw him I was on the phone with Melinda and said "Woodpecker!!" And then Melinda reminded me that we live in the desert and it was likely not a woodpecker, which was when I deduced it was a The Roadrunner. 



Lizard Hunting

Harlan has become an official lizard hunter.  He has yet to catch one (and never will...) but it is pretty hysterical to watch him prance around this bush all day. 

The lizards look like this.








No comments:

Post a Comment