Sunday, November 23, 2014

I have a disease.... in latin.... Gigantus pansiaitus.

I am a giant pansy.  Especially with animals.

I cry when I see an animal within 50 feet of a road because it COULD get hit by a car.  I cried when I saw a turkey in a park in New Haven because I felt bad that it probably felt lost and scared.  I cry during Transformers because Bumblebee is juuuuuust animal enough that seeing him get punched feels the same as seeing a puppy get punched (thank god that's never happened, if I ever saw a puppy get punched I'm pretty sure I would end up in jail).

So last night Ben and I sit down to watch How To Train Your Dragon 2.  It should be said that I sob uncontrollably at two, no three, different parts of the first movie.  So knowing this, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety over the unknown sob parts of the sequel.  Which is why I love my sister, who lovingly obliged my desperate pleas to spoil the movie by telling me if anything happens to Toothless, if anyone dies, do any dragons get hurt, and how does it end.   Mal filled me in AFTER the first sob part, so I was already a little emotionally unhinged.  After her synopsis, I elected not to finish the movie, but someday when I'm feeling extra brave I will do it.

I need to find a cure for this before Asher is old enough to watch movies with us and I potentially pass on this not-so-amazing trait as a learned behavior.  


Top Ten Movies I Should Have Never Watch/Books I Should Have Never Read
1.  White Fang
2.  Where the Red Fern Grows
3.  Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
4.  Turner and Hooch  (this should really be number one...)
5.  Brave
6.  The Land Before Time
7.  The Lion King
8.   The Art of Racing in the Rain
9.   All Dogs Go to Heaven
10.  Old Yeller

**Not even kidding, just writing that list has me in tears, I need a beer.**


No comments:

Post a Comment