Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Monday

After a sleepless, stuffy, snorty Saturday night, Ben and I took Asher in to the doctors (AGAIN) yesterday.  The doctor agreed that this had been going on too long and prescribed an antibiotic.  Gross drainage with nasal saline rinses confirms my suspicion that he's been battling a sinus infection (hence my refusal to let it go as 'just teething' and our racking up frequent flier miles to the peds clinic).

In happier news, we had a winter storm over the weekend!  The difference between the Southwest and the Midwest is that our snow is already completely melted and it is 60 degrees and sunny today.  
...I do not miss Minnesota/Iowa winters.

Asher was confused about where his yard went. 

Today Asher is 9 months old.  We went out for Indian food with Ashley & Payson, and Asher was a LOT to keep track of.  Notice how nicely Payson is staying in her highchair, while Asher has spun around backwards and is doing the splits?  There were several escape attempts that involved climbing over, sliding under, tipping over, and trying to stand up and jump out.  I'm not kidding.  He is a monkey.  He also managed to knock a glass of water over, grab a handful of saag paneer and then promptly swipe his face and my shirt, eat part of a napkin, grab the hair of the woman in the booth behind us, and leave little teeth marks in the wooden highchair.  I swear, I am attentive and careful and vigilant.  Yet somehow he manages to be a sneaky whirlwind of destruction.  He's like a mess-making ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment