Friday, January 18, 2013

Yay Ben!!!

Ben news:  Ben got the phone call last night with the official offer from Sandia National Labs-- so we are definitely moving to New Mexico this spring!  Ben will defend his dissertation on February 6th, and then be heading to Albuquerque sometime between his defense and our due date for orientation.   He is very excited to start his postdoctoral fellowship, and I could not be more proud of him :)

Baby news: today we are 34 weeks along and 41 days away from the due date.  Little boy is between 17-19 inches long and weighs between 4.2-5.8 pounds (I'm going on the heavy end based on how cramped for space we both are).  I thought it was cute that one of the symptoms listed for me this week was: "Blurry Vision- Caused by hormones, fluid build-up, and lack of sleep".  Isn't that the truth?  Last night Ben woke up at midnight and watched 3 movies between 1 and 6 a.m. (...I think someone was still a little excited about the job offer), and Harlan decided to wake me up at 2:30 by puking by our bed.  We were definitely a sleepless house last night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment