Monday, January 21, 2013

38 days to go!

34 and a half weeks into the pregnancy, and Ben and I are both home sick today.  Well, Ben is home with a combination of sickness and university holiday, and I'm just sick.  We are both bored sitting at home with nothing to do (it is too cold to go outside and neither of us feel well enough to actually do anything) so I am looking through old pictures on my computer.  I'll throw a few new ones in first, but then thought I'd reminisce over how Ben and I got to this point of being a few weeks away from welcoming our little boy into the world.

35th week of pregnancy... belly is full of baby


Harlan doesn't like the cold either...


Now onto some oldies but goodies-- 

Unfortunately for Ben, his dissertation defense is going to be a little bit more intense than my Masters thesis defense-- which involved a poster presentation/happy hour with our professors where we explained what our research was all about...oh and then we got presents.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Ben's committee is not going to hand him a beer, or a gift, while he defends.    


Next-- how Ben and I spent the first several months of our relationship (many states apart)

This picture is from the first night we met... I love it because it is very clear that I am already head over heels in love with him and I'd known him for about 2 hours.

3 weeks after we met Ben flew to Connecticut to visit me.  This was his first encounter with Britches.  As you can see from his smirky face, the love/hate relationship started right away.  And by 'his smirky face' I mean both Ben and B, they were not huge fans of each other from the get-go.  

This picture was taken in February, 2 months after we met and during my first visit to Iowa City.  Karen had requested that Ben send a picture of the two of us together, so this was our first awkward family portrait :)












No comments:

Post a Comment