Thursday, August 24, 2017

Happy Birthday Sweet Sweet Sullivan


Dear Sullivan,

Two years ago I was getting yelled at by a nurse in the hospital for sleeping with you, barely 10 hours old, on my chest.  I know this will be hard to believe, but I didn't abide by their strict "no co-sleeping" rule, even (especially?) after being sternly told I was breaking it, and you and I slept soundly together your first night in this world. 

I have fought for you since the day I knew you were growing in my belly.  Someday you will hear the stories of what it was like to be pregnant with you, of the close calls you and I both had, and I like to think you will be pretty impressed at how your mom kicked ass to bring you safely into this world so that you could bless us all with your ever-changing presence.  You are worth every second of every fight, Sully.  And you have so many people who love you and will fight for you always.

The past year has been transformative to say the least.  You have evolved from being a sleepy and quiet koala to a very loud, very punchy toddler.  It is so fun watching you grow, especially when we compare you to your brother at this age and see how different you are.  While Asher tended to gently take in the world and quietly contemplate it, you lean more towards hitting it with a bat and running through it with your hands in the air screaming.  You are so full of life :)  And so comfortable pushing boundaries and learning your place in the world.

You have a soft spot for puppies, are obsessed with granola bars, and say 'good night' to the character in the book you read before bed.  You love following your brother, and Asher is so in love with you.  

You bring your family so much joy, and we can't wait to see what kind of mischief you cause this next year.  

I love you Sully, so so much.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment