Thursday, August 17, 2017

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days where it kind of felt like from beginning to end I was doing all the things I am supposed to do.  I spent the morning working on health equity projects; including preparing for a meeting next week on how MDH can better utilize community engagement, during which time I listened to Tupac, talked with friends who are 'my people', drew out the face paint designs to offer the kids at Hand in Hand, and drew a huge cartoon on the white board for the entertainment of the adults in the office.


I went from that meeting to Asher & Sully's school, where I painted the faces of the preschoolers and toddlers ahead of the circus-themed family dinner picnic.

About half the boys got unicorns....  

...of course some made very unique requests, like a "rainbow tiger"...

 ...Ronan wanted to be a "ring leader"...

 ...and some of the boys weren't quite sure about 'face' paint, so we did 'hand paint' instead.

And then there was this one kid who cried and screamed and absolutely hated getting his face painted.  This one kid.


After face painting, I went to a meeting with my favorite local public health department and talked data for 2 hours.  One of the nurses there is my favorite and gives incredible hugs.  We talked about Trump being such an idiot today (and every day).  We talked about the importance of better memory care for aging adults.  We talked about how to support first-time teen moms.  

Then went back to Hand in Hand for the circus picnic.

My favorite clown.

The preschoolers.

Balloon race starting line!


Asher was by far the last kid done with the balloon race (of the kids participating).  And didn't care even a little bit.  Just took his time, kept his balloon, smiling and laughing as he made his way to the finish line.  

Then there is this guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment