Sunday, March 12, 2017

Glitter Disasters & 10k Follies

It was a good weekend.  A typical mix of art and play.  All fun and games until...

...The toddler picks up a jar of glitter and drops it on the tile.  First question: who allows for kids glitter to be stored in glass jars?  That just seems silly.  Second question: any guesses on how high Ben's blood pressure was when he had to come clean it up (usually I clean up the glitter/paint messes, but I was barefoot surrounded by teeny tiny glittery glass shards...soooo).

Last summer my cardiologist told me that my current ejection fraction wouldn't change my life at all, with one exception, I probably wouldn't ever be able to run a marathon (and NO, I have no intention of running a marathon).  But.  I have worked my ass off with cardiac rehab.  And have decided to celebrate that by running for beer.  Because turns out, while I'm sure I couldn't run a marathon, after 7 months of cardiac rehab, I can run (...last summer, not so much).  Why run races?  Mostly to get the t-shirt.  Second mostly to drink the beer (...good luck getting me to do a non-brewery run).  A 5K and 10K are in my not-so-distant future.  I might regret this... but right now I'm just excited :)


No comments:

Post a Comment