Monday, December 1, 2014

The Rest of Our Weekend

What did we do for the rest of our Thanksgiving weekend?  Well we kind of ran the gamut. 

Friday started totally awesomely with our trip to Hoots with the Miller's.  Then we came home and decorated the tree and hung stockings, went on a walk in 65 degree weather, and had some home brew... a totally magnificent day.   Until about 4 pm.   

I started not feeling awesome at 4.  By 5:30 when we were getting Asher ready for bed I was dragging.  I was very nauseated (spoiler alert this post does not end with me revealing we are having a baby...) and I knew I needed to lay down.  Pronto.  A two hour nap didn't do me a lot of good.  At 7:30 I started puking.  By midnight I was so violently ill I knew I needed to be at a hospital.  $100 copay to get IV fluids and zofran and make sure I wasn't dying of E.coli?  You bet your butt.  Poor Ben was so distraught over having to stay home with Asher he didn't sleep and instead waited for text messages from me updating him on the status of the other patient's around me.  It's not a HIPAA violation if you don't know their names and haven't seen their faces right?   Several hours and bags of fluids later, I was able to head home.  Ben was a saint taking care of me and Asher, until he got sick Saturday night.  Luckily (amazingly) Asher did not get the gastroenteritis devil of 2014.  

And can I just say how unfair it is that within one calendar year I had both salmonella and an unknown demon microbe that landed me in the ER?  Dear Universe, I expect better things in 2015.

On a happy note-- since our time at Hoots where Asher received the gift of courage (not unlike the cowardly lion) he has turned into a maniac daredevil.  Not saying he was a 'fraidy cat before...but he certainly wasn't what you would call 'brazen'.  Well he is now.



One of those days that makes you wonder why we are so hell bent on getting back to Minnesota- this afternoon Asher and I stomped around in t-shirts and flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment