Sunday, September 1, 2013

Go Beef or Go Home

Today was the big day!

Asher got to eat his first real food.  He has spent the last few weeks watching Ben and I very closely while we eat, grabbing our forks, and trying to smash his hands into our food.   After a great deal of thought, we decided to start with a slam dunk first food.  Slow cooked sirloin tip roast.  After sitting in the crock pot for 6 hours, we pureed the roast into baby food consistency, sat back, and watched our son go to town.  




Look at those little fists balled up in anticipation as he watches us mix up his first bite.

I was still buckling him into his highchair and he went right for the spoon. 

"Okay I've got the spoon...Now what is this heavenly smelling mush you've got in front of me?"

"Hey, you took my spoon.  Give that back."


The first bite.

"Hmm, what to think... what to think..."

"Give me another nibble..."

"HOLY BEEF CAKE!  THIS IS DELICIOUS!"

"You've got a lot of 'splaining to do.  Why have you been holding out on me?!"

He did not like us feeding him, he wanted to hold the spoon.


Beef. Everywhere.

"Puppy brother, you've got to taste this."

We stopped feeding him, and all hell broke loose.

Okay, Okay!  Here you go! More beef!


"Do not take my food away again.  Do you see how much better things are when you just let me put down the roast beast at my own speed."

No comments:

Post a Comment