Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Canada!

I just returned from a lovely visit with Carly.  It was my first time in Canada, and I must say I really enjoyed Winnipeg.  There was no snow when I landed on Friday, and we ended up with over a foot.  The first blizzard of the season is always the best (especially when you don't have to drive in it!).  Carly surprised me with a spa day on Saturday, we got massages, facials, and manicures while drinking tea and eating scones.  We went to dinner with her friends Saturday night, Brian and I watched bits and pieces of football games, and we spent time with her dad on Sunday.  It was really a lovely trip.


We had similar boots and thought it would be fun to take a picture of them, but  my center of gravity is off (I'm quite front-heavy these days) and I started to fall... this is definitely an action shot...

Heading out to dinner

Not sure what the quizzical look is for-- this was at a place called Un-Burger.  We had bison burgers, sweet potato fries, and truffle aioli...DELISH.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...



This is from dinner tonight (back in Iowa).  Both Ben and I are sick, and I decided that the only thing that sounded good to me was... wait for it... not chicken soup, not tea with lemon, not something soothing and warm... I wanted thanksgiving dinner.

Good call me.


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. That quizzical look comes out for no reason *all the time*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should know better than anyone else :) Carly, why so quizzical?

      Delete