Thursday, November 1, 2012

23 weeks

I had an appointment today, just a short and sweet check-up, that went really well.  This time there were no oddities, red flags, or surprises-- which was a nice change of pace!  In fact everything looked, in a word, perfect (to use the word of my OB, not me).

We were able to hear his heartbeat after some battling.  The punchiness we observed during the first ultrasound was very apparent again today.  At first when she would push on my belly with the doppler, you could hear the "swish swish" of him squirming away from it (baby does not like being poked).  A couple of times she came down right on him and when that happened he would punch/kick the doppler and a loud crashing sound would come out over the speaker.   Finally we were able to pin him down and hear his heartbeat, 150 bpm, strong and fast... I now believe that sound is the greatest thing on the planet.




No comments:

Post a Comment