Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 17

We are all growing :)  We are now in the 17th week of pregnancy and the baby is going to be 5 3/4 inches long (head to butt) and weigh 4 ounces by the end of this week (growing over an inch!).

The baby's sense of hearing is developing, so if we are lucky enough to visit with any of you during our many upcoming travels, please say hi :)  The baby is also beginning to form fat tissue.  I don't know if everyone has seen pictures of me as a toddler, but holy cow, was I fat.  I will scan some in tonight for your viewing pleasure.  If our baby ends up anything like me, it will be roll after roll after roll from head to toe.

This weekend we went to the Hawkeye vs. UNI game (baby's first college football game!). Ben has been teasing me lately because I have grown increasingly concerned that he isn't eating enough.  What's actually happening is that Ben is eating exactly the same as he always has, but I am eating ten times more, so while I'm eating my third lunch, I'll look over and say "Why aren't you eating?  Are you sick?  Do you feel okay?".  Example: not only did I get a pretzel with cheese dip and peanuts at the football game (right after tailgating where I ate a cheeseburger, fritos with cheese dip, and other assorted snacks, which mind you, followed a breakfast and a brunch), I also snuck in a boatload of snacks in my purse.  When we were entering the stadium the security guard looked in and shook her head at me, but I quickly said, "Please please please, I'm pregnant and I have to eat all the time, please I'm starving." ..voila! they let me through with my contraband!  The perks of being pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment