Monday, September 10, 2012

16th Week

Hello family :)

Well I finally got my husband back, and we spent the weekend napping, watching season 9 of NCIS, and eating lots of food.  I am extremely happy to report that I gained a pound over the weekend (my first since getting pregnant... 'bout damn time!).  I think it took eating 3 pounds of chinese food court food, but whatever the reason, me and my apple will take it. 

So what is happening in the 16th week of pregnancy?  My body is producing 50% more blood which makes me hot and light-headed.  The increased hormones are also causing oil glands to work more, leaving my face more shiney... which is a nice way of saying I have more pimples now than I did when I was 16.  Oily skin and flushed cheeks are what make women 'glow' during pregnancy-- it's not quite as romantic when you know the physiology behind it is it? ;)  I am also experiencing super stuffy ears, which is a product of increased blood production.  It's causing me to yell out checkout people "I'm sorry, what was that?!?" when they talk to me in a store... I can't hear anything.

By the end of this week little baby will be over 5 inches long.  Baby is currently preparing for a major growth spurt that will happen over the next few weeks.  If I think my heart is working hard, I just have to compare it to the baby's and I'll stop complaining-- it's little itty bitty ticker is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. 

Between 16 and 20 weeks moms can feel the baby move, and I'm really looking forward to that.  I know he/she is punching around in there already, so it will be amazing when I can feel it's little ninja moves. 

I have a noticeable belly now, so the next time we see you, there will be no question over whether or not I'm pregnant.  

Have a great Monday everyone!

Love,
Blair & Baby Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment