Sunday, May 14, 2017

One small step for this round... maybe a giant leap overall?

A year and a half ago I got a rough diagnosis at a rough time and it was a rough holter monitor result that kicked the whole thing off.  22% of my QRS complexes were PVCs (extra heart beats).

We didn't know at the time of the holter, it would be another month until the diagnosis was made, but the arrhythmia was being caused by postpartum cardiomyopathy.

The last year has been an intentional daily journey to a healthier heart.  And I am really happy to report that I have my first piece of good news.  I wore a 24 hour holter ten days ago, and the results came back normal.  Less than 1% PVCs.  Normal. 

My echo and cardiologist appointment are in July, and those will be more telling.  But I am going to take this small victory, and cross my fingers and toes that the hard work shows in the echo.

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment