Sunday, May 7, 2017

Meanwhile, back in Ballard...

We were happy to report on Saturday that we had made it out of the wilderness in one piece.  No savage raccoon or raven attacks, or falls off the trail, no getting swallowed by quicksand-like mud pits, no deciding to run away with the sea creatures in the cove... no, we emerged from the woods (stinky, muddy, and damp... but emerged).   We drove back to the brew pub we had eaten at the day before, grabbed a cold beer and a pot of clams, and talked about what we want to be when we grow up.

We took the ferry back to Seattle from Bremerton.


While waiting for my turn to shower, I reacquainted myself with Poops.  A cat so like Britches, I think they might be twins.  I miss fur balls.

Once we had both showered, we walked to the nearest pub and then on to sushi.  Where we got seaweed salad, teriyaki green beans, dungeness and king crab rolls, and unagi.   Remember when I said this was a great weekend?


Hanging out with Poops in the morning.


Should really be leaving for the airport... but watching Colbert and drinking coffee instead...


While it was a great trip... I sure missed these peanuts.  It is good to be home :)



Visual representation of Sully spiraling towards a nap.




No comments:

Post a Comment