Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Albuquerque Olsons flew solo this Thanksgiving and it was a very relaxing and lovely holiday.  My brain appears to still be a little broken from not sleeping for 48 hours during Sullivan's cold this past week (I washed my hands with toothpaste and messed up a recipe several times over... but we'll get back eventually).  Despite the lack of cognitive togetherness, our meal came together well and it was a great day of eating, watching football, and resting.

Our day started with a whole lot of attitude. 

Apparently he just needed to be put to work.

Observing.

I decided Thanksgiving morning was the perfect day for my first run in over a year (don't ask what the hell is wrong with me, I already disclosed that my brain is broken).  

Asher aiding in some dynamic stretching.
 Me and fitness don't get along.  I ran about two blocks before saying (out loud) to myself "Well this is stupid."  It took about two hours for my lungs to stop burning and I am pretty sure something is legitimately wrong with my right knee.  Which makes me feel both old and like the universe is telling me I don't have to ever run again.  Ever again.

True love:  I can't eat any of it, but made my family the cheesiest, butteriest, milkiest scalloped potatoes.  While drooling.

Asher helping with the fig cranberry mish mash.  By "helping" I mean he kept eating all the figs.


Observing.




Hello Sullivan.

Dimply, eyebrow-y scowly face.  Hmph.


Cheers!

Harlan found something under Sully.

Sparkling cider.  The actual dinner never stood a chance.

We went Jewish this year, corned beef slow cooked for eight hours.  
Goodness gracious.  We will never do turkey again.

Thanksgiving Cheers-ing.

Thanksgiving is hard.






No comments:

Post a Comment