Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My Dudes

What a good day so far!

Asher was super sleepy and not enthusiastic about having to get moving this morning- so I was pretty convinced we were going to have our worst camp drop-off yet...

But about halfway there he started piping up from the back seat "I go camp!  Bunnies, ponies, big chickens....park....I go camp!"   When we got there he was so irritated with me for delaying his departure from the car (to put on sunscreen), and I was thinking Hmm, this is odd.  He ran right up to the gate, where his teacher Laine was waiting, chicken tucked under her arm, ready to distract him as soon as the sobs and screams started... but he just ran right past her into the playground area, picked up a shovel and started digging in the dirt.  He didn't even turn around to see if I was still there.  I'm telling you, it was the happiest I've ever been to be completely ignored by my child.   Laine and I just stood there looking at each other like What the hell just happened?!  and then she smiled and said "Well I think you better get out of here!".  

After doing a couple hours of work, I met up with Dad and Josiah and we hung out until it was time to pick up Asher.  Ash was super happy to see Grandpa Rich and 'Siah at camp, and Asher and Josie hit it off like old pals.  Can't wait for this weekend when those two goofballs get to play more :)





No comments:

Post a Comment