Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Good news on the baby front :)

Today was the first of my from-here-on-out weekly "bionic pregnancy appointments"  - these are scheduled monitoring appointments that are more for the baby than for me. They do a biophysical profile, ultrasound and non-stress test.  I'll be getting labs done weekly to check my platelets (which, as luck would have it, are edging slowly but surely towards the "no epidural/spinal anesthesia zone").  And then I'll touch base with a perinatalogist after each.  Luckily, for how much my body is turning itself inside out, it is apparently still doing a stand up job at providing a nest for Littlest Olson. 

He is healthy and has the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen on a 32 week pipsqueak.

Monitoring moms heart, baby's heart, and contractions.  

'Look mom! No contractions!' 
...Although I have started Braxton Hicks, which are a lovely reminder of what labor feels like.  
Which makes me VERY hopeful that an epidural is on the table should I need it 
(come on platelets, do your damn job!).

If you need me, I'll be in this exam room for 2-3 hours every Friday from here until the arrival of the world's most carefully & closely watched unborn child (...which, if all goes as planned, should be August 27th).

No comments:

Post a Comment