Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 24th

It was a lovely day here in Albuquerque.  

We kicked off Asher turning 2 with style (pantless for the most part).  Asher spent the morning being a crazy, exhausted little person.  He would lay down on me and whimper "book" until I read him a story.  Instead of falling asleep, he would goofily grin at me and start running around again.  Twice he snuck away like a quiet poop ninja while I was cleaning something up in another room, and then returned minutes later with no pants, holding a poopy diaper, proudly holding it up to me saying "Poop!  Trash." and then scampering to throw it in the garbage.   Yep.  Kid is going to potty train himself.  Or never potty train and just keep pooping and peeing and stripping naked afterwards. 


When it became clear that Asher was not going to nap, I called Ashley and asked if she wanted to grab frozen yogurt.  We had planned on a fun afternoon of crafts...but sleep-deprived Asher + markers + glue + focus = not possible.  So we opted for a treat instead. 

My favorite two little people to watch together are Asher and Payson.  Hearing them say each others name is about the most adorable thing in the world, and they just chased each other around the icecream shop shrieking and giggling (fortunately the person working has a 3 year old and didn't mind the chaos).  

Payson was Asher's first friend in Albuquerque (and Ashley was mine) and I 100% plan to pack them up (twins & Eric & kitty too) and bring them back to Minnestoa with us when we move.



No comments:

Post a Comment