Friday, August 1, 2014

Project of the Day- Homemade Sugar Scrub for Shower Favors

Tomorrow Ben and I are hosting a baby shower for the Miller twins (due in October).  For favors, I decided to try a 'do it yourself' sugar scrub.  It turned out pretty good so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone wants to use the idea in the future.

You'll Need
*12 4 oz canning jars
*Pure cane sugar (about 5 cups)
*Oil- I think I used about 10 ounces (I used apricot, googling says to use jojoba but it is really expensive / also, you can halve the 'nice' oil you buy with olive oil to make it cheaper too, no one will ever know...)
*Lavender essential oil

It took me a while to get the ratio right- the 'recipe' that I found online said a 2 to 1 ratio of sugar to oil.  I thought this was too oily/wet so I went with 3 to 1.   Then added the lavender after it was mixed.




And of course... flare.


No comments:

Post a Comment