Sunday, December 8, 2013

Farewell Marshalls!

Tonight Ben and I hosted a going away party for our friends Ann and Jesse who are moving to Portland tomorrow.  

Harlan was a bit of a maniac with so many kids running around but eventually he wore himself out and just sat on the couch letting tiny people tug his ears and foomp his face ('foomping' is something only 2 to 4 year olds know how to do...).  

Sienna & Avery actually carried Penelope around the house.  They were in looooove with her.

It is possible that in the middle of a discussion about female marines (don't ask...) I challenged the other moms to a flexed arm hang contest on our monkey bars.  It's also possible that when Ann and I tried to reach the monkey bars by stepping on the swings, they snapped in half because they were frozen. 

The winner of the contest was Rachel, who made it 16 seconds.  She beat a girl who claims to do CrossFit every day (sorry CrossFit girl, your cover is blown).  How did I do?  Oh I wasn't even able to hold myself up while someone was holding my feet after giving me a boost.  
Guess I won't become a marine.... 


How many moms does it take to get a picture of six kids?










Our poor little sensitive guy couldn't handle the clapping and yelling and "cheesing" of so many kids for such a prolonged period of picture taking time. 

Enjoy Portland Ann, Jesse, Sienna, & Lila! 



No comments:

Post a Comment