Monday, July 31, 2017

"There is a Baby Dinosaur in my Plant!"

We went to IKEA Saturday morning and Asher (of course) found a plant he loved and wanted to bring home for his bedroom; a 99 cent succulent.  He sat in the cart holding it, and then started babbling to everyone who walked by, "There is a baby dinosaur in my plant!  His name is Pumpkin!"

Turns out, there was actually a baby lizard in his plant.   Ben pointed out that it could be an invasive species that could take down the Saint Paul ecosystem, or poisonous and could kill us all in our sleep.  I pointed out that he was adorable.  Asher pointed out that his name was Pumpkin.   So we kept him.


 $150 later.... Pumpkin has a new home.   While we were strictly forbidden from bringing in native plants and crap from our backyard, the pet store guy did okay us putting his succulent in the tank (which is good, because it is like his anemone).

Baby Pumpkin.  Barely bigger than the fruit flies he is supposed to eat.

Asher put his picture behind the cage... he is the most adorable pet owner.

I woke up this morning to Asher telling me excitedly, "Pumpkin slept great and he smiled at me twice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment