Monday, October 31, 2016

The Making of a Sun Fish


So Asher says to me back in August, "I want to  be a purple sparkly sun fish for Halloween."  I figured by the time October rolled around he would have settled on something more main stream that I could pick up at Target.  But no.  He stuck hard and true to his sparkly purple sun fish.  Lucky for me, I have an Angie in my life who can craft anything.  Literally.  Anything.  So last week I went to her house after the kids went to bed, ate quesadillas, and drank beer while the two of us pieced together what ended up being a phenomenal costume.  (By the two of us, I mean I was Angie's assistant and she created the world's greatest costume).

Asher picked out his fabric.


Our sketch of what we needed to do.






Asher trying it on for the first time... silently staring in awe at himself in the reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment