Monday, October 29, 2012

22ish Weeks!

So many things to report!

First and foremost, Harlan has a cousin.  Jarod adopted a 4 year old golden over the weekend named Thina, and we cannot wait to meet her :)  It will be nice to have Harlan romp with someone his own size (which as you can see below, does not always happen-- picture from doggy daycare).

Second, I just returned from a great trip to Chicago with Karen and Allie.  It was a fantastic girls weekend full of shopping, eating, and talking (what else would you do on girls weekend?).  We did enter the art museum, but only to peruse the gift shop :)  The highlights for me were the great conversation and ENORMOUS piece of carrot cake from Grand Lux.  I get screened for gestational diabetes on Thursday, and I'm pretty sure I will still have sugar in my system from the piece of cake.  But it was worth it ;)

Third, our little boy is 22 weeks and 3 days along.  Last Thursday Ben and I felt his first kick/karate chop.  I had been feeling little bubbly bursts from the inside, but we were watching TV together and I had my hand on my belly and felt this "pow!".  I grabbed Ben's hand and luckily there was another jab right after that he was able to feel.  It was pretty amazing.  Then we both realized there is a living thing inside of me trying to kick his way out, which is so bizarre.  

Our little boy weighs a pound and is over 11 inches long.  He is about to start putting on fat and getting chubby, which is fantastic. He also has little tooth buds forming in his gums, which is surreal.

We also got our crib and mattress delivered over the weekend, so nursery assembly is about to begin.

Ben leaves Sunday for New Mexico, so he is busy preparing for his presentation and is also in an absolute writing frenzy; but overall, seems to be doing quite well with such a high stress time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment