Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Grandma Dot & Grandpa Ed Visit

We flew down to St. Louis this past weekend to visit Grandma Dot & Grandpa Ed.  More pictures to come (including what are sure to be some fairly hilarious family photos...).  It was a great trip, it always is when we spend time with my Grandma and Grandpa. 

Grandma and I talked about glass ceilings on Saturday.  She said she was surprised to read that I'd encountered so many road blocks (after the last blog post).  I told her that while writing that post, I'd considered also talking about the people who believe in me and have always told me I could do whatever I want, be whoever I want to be-- but it felt like not the right time/place.  But I told her, at the top of that list, is you.   My Grandma has been a hero of mine my whole life.  She has also been someone who I've always known was in my corner, whose voice changes when she talks about me-- you can actually hear the pride and the love, and who I've never doubted would be there in a second if I needed anything.  I believed her when she told me I could do anything, be anything.  And her kindness, generosity, and humor have inspired me since before I was old enough to know what those things are.  

Watching my Grandma with Asher & Sullivan makes my heart grow ten sizes.  But even then, it isn't nearly as big as hers.

I love you Grandma.



No comments:

Post a Comment